Here's the Recap:
Welcome to Season 2, Episode 3 of Master Coach Mindset™ with Rhonda Britten. This Season I share the Eight Coaching Skills every Certified Fearless Living Coach uses as the foundation of their coaching practice and, how you can too!
In today’s episode, I discuss the critical difference between coaching and therapy. How do you know when coaching ends and therapy begins. This distinction is critical to your integrity and to the ethics of coaching.
Coaching is not being a friend (and getting paid for it), it is a skill one must learn and it doesn’t take one week or one month. It takes time and dedication. If you truly care about your clients, listen to this episode. It will give you guidance about what’s yours to do and what’s not.
What You Will Discover:
- When does your Client need therapy vs. coaching?
- How to coach Clients into therapy
- What's the Coaches lane vs the therapy lane
- Being attentive to your Client's needs
- Question of the Day: "Rhonda, what's the difference between a Coach and a therapist? How do we know when to refer a Client to a therapist while continuing to get coaching with us as their Coach? How do you approach a Client with a suggestion that they get therapy without being insulting?”